Daniel H. Cannon, M.D., Research Award
For a listing of recipients,
please click the link
Awarded to a Phi Chi member who has demonstrated persistent
dedication in academic research, culminating in exceptional, demonstrated,
progress in their research field.
Please submit your completed application to the . The deadline is one month before the next Grand Chapter Meeting. Later submissions will be considered for the following year.
1) The recipient must be a Phi Chi member in good standing.
2) The recipient must have been actively involved in the research for at least 1
year after beginning medical school.
3) The recipient must have a manuscript in submission in a peer-reviewed journal
or have been accepted to present their research at a regional or national
In order to receive the award, the candidate recipient must provide:
1) Proof of eligibility, specifically including proof of manuscript submission
(a copy of the article) or the invitation to present their research at an
2) A short summary (1-2 pages) of the research, which should contain:
a. A description of their personal involvement of the
research (a descriptive timeline).
b. A description of the research itself, written for the lay
Each individual will receive –
- An official award document.
- Published description of their research summary in the Phi Chi newsletter and
/ or the Phi Chi Chronicles. Also may be highlighted on the Fraternity web page.
- Recipients will be given the opportunity to present their research orally at
the National meeting.